Thursday, September 20, 2012

Good Morning -Pen: DreamLUMI Touch

Even though waking up on Monday mornings is always the highlight of the week (....), my under eye area doesn't seem to agree! After the long and relaxing summer holiday, my batteries lasted well for about 3 weeks but then I started to see some signs of tiredness on my face so I had to add a lightpen (that's how we call them in Finland at least) to my shopping list. I heard a lot of positive reviews about Maybelline DreamLumi Touch and that it works even better than the YSL "lightpen" (which normally doesn't happen when you compare luxury brands to supermarket brands). So I decided to save some euros and get the Maybelline version. The shade I use is 02 Ivory.

Kuulin DreamLUMI Touchista positiivista palautetta, että se toimii paremmin kuin YSL:n vastaava, eli päätin säästää pari kymppiä ja kokeilla Maybellinea, kun valokynä oli ostoslistalla joka tapauksessa. Sävy, mitä käytän, on 02 Ivory:


Below there's a picture of me wearing nothing but eye make up. No foundation, concealer, powder or nothing on the skin outside the eye area. All you can see is the monday morning empty tired stare with a hint of purple under the eyes. The freckles look like dirt and there's redness under the nose.

Alla kuva, missä olen meikannut vain silmät. Ei meikkivoidetta, peitevoidetta, puuteria tms. Nähtävissä siis maanantaista tyhjää tuijotusta ja violetihtavat silmänaluset. Pisamat näyttää roskilta ja nenän alla punertaa.

In the next picture I show where I normally apply the pen, when I want to fool other people thinking I'm actually awake before noon (hah!) and when I want to even out my skin tone on the most visible areas. A bird shape above brows, triangles under eyes, a line on the nose, dots under nose and a spot on the chin.

Toisessa kuvassa näkyy mihin kohtiin valokynää yleensä laitan kun haluan tasoittaa ihonsävyä näkyvimmillä paikoilla: kulmien päälle "pyllylintukuvio", silmien alle kärkikolmiot, nenään viiva, nenän alle pisteet ja leuan korkeimpaan kohtaan töpö.

In the picture above you can see the result after I've blended the pen. My opinion is that the change is big, at least when I look into the mirror. Maybe it doesn't show in the pictures as much. I'm especially excited because the texture is perfect: it applies and blends evenly and leaves a beautiful sheer glow without making the skin look greasy or dry.

The only "lightpen" to which I can compare this is the Lumene Touch of Radiance and I have to say that I like the DreamLUMI one better, even though they're very similar. I've kept repurchasing the Lumene version over and over again for the past 5+ years, but this is good change maybe because the texture is lighter. The result is fresh and makes me look like there's no make up (but I think Lumene has more pigment.. so that would be better for dark under eye areas). Less is more. Au Revoir :)

How happy does it make me? 9+.

Yllä olevassa kuvassa on lopputulos tasoittamisen jälkeen. Omasta mielestäni muutos on huomattava. Erityisen innoissani olen, koska valokynän koostumus on täydellinen: aine levittyy tasaisesti ja jättää sopivasti kuultavan lopputuloksen ilman, että iho näyttää kiiltävälä/rasvaiselta tai kuivakalta. Ainoa valokynien vertailukohtani on Lumenen Touch of Radiance -valokynä ja pakko sanoa, että DreamLumia on miellyttävämpi käyttää sen kevyemmän koostumuksen ansiosta. Lopputulos on raikas ja onnistuu näyttämään siltä kuin meikkiä ei edes olis.

Arvosana: 9+

No comments:

Post a Comment