Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lush Makeup - Color Paradise

Today after having brunch with my friends (who we are going to celebrate Christmas and New Years in Bali and Singapore with me and Tommi and some other friends <3!!!:))  I thought I'd go looking for shoes, but instead went to Lush to try out their new makeup line.







The idea is to spin the round carousel of colors and then choose random three colors that match your mood or just look nice. Mine were Bubbly, Internally Motivated and Sophisticated. I guess they matched my mood in some way :) I am a bubbly person, at least sometimes! And I am motivated, both at work and at free time, I never need to ask someone to think of something to do for me, because I constantly have a to do list in my head :)

Sophisticated may suit me better than for example Extreme, but that's that about my sophistication... I'd rather call me unsophisticated at least when comes to stuff I blurp out from my mouth or how worn out clothes and shoes I normally wear :) No, you will not see a luxury brand handbag in my collection anytime soon! :D

 

Sophisticated or not, I still bought the eye shadow. I had actually swatched it before and thought about buying it even before I got the thorough introduction to the new makeup line. I also swatched some other shades too, some colorful eye liners, for example that blue one you can see on my hand. Seems to be pretty waterproof, but that's all I'll say aboyt the liners this time.

The liquid eye shadow seems like it's very high quality, it's pigmented and doesn't feel like anything on the skin. No stickiness or heaviness whatsoever. I normally never have any problems with creasing anyways, because I have dry lids and I use primer, but let's see if this is going to crease :) I've heard liquid shadows tend to do that, but I haven't had any liquid eye shadows in a couple of years, so I can't really remember.

The very nice and friendly woman who I was talking with, also gave me a small eyeliner brush for the shadow so I could also try it as an eye liner. I have a feeling it would look great on the lower lash line.


The other thing I got is this translucent face powder. It's a little pink, but it's promised to look like no color at all when it's applied on the skin as a setting powder. Let's see how this works. First thought is that it looks like I'm gonna make a mess with this because the jar is quite tiny and powder brushes normally quite big... But I'll see. Can't be that hard!

Next I'll try to find reviews of the Lush mascara and then maybe try it myself too! 

Have you tried the Lush makeups? What do you think of them?

My happiness rating of the Lush makeups: 9 ½. (Would be 10 if the packaging were more practical for the powder)

1 comment: