Tuesday, October 9, 2012

MAC Made My Makeup

Yestrday, for the first time in my life, I went to a makeup, just sitting there and having the nicest woman doing my makeup for me. It was just a normal monday evening otherwise, but this made it unique for me. My mom is a cosmetologist and a professional makeup artist but she has never done makeup for me, just dabbed a little Joe Blasco on my red face after a facial. So I was very to try this the first time! I was sure I'd learn a lot new and I did. She asked me what I want and I told her to choose everything herself, but make it more evening look than daytime look.



Here's all the stuff she used. First she started with removing my makeup and moisturizing my face, which was interesting because honestly I had no idea that MAC also has skin care items like moisturizers. Then she primed my face with 'Face protect' primer (with SPF 50!) and applied some tinted moisturizer in color medium. Into the moisturizer she mixed Lustre drops to make the skin more glowy and a tiny bit "metallical", because this makeup was a night-life inspired look.


As eyeshadow primer she used Paintpot (don't remember the name, but it's the most natural matte one). The eyeshadows she used:

- All That Glitters
- Satin Taupe
- Black Tide.


The eye shadow part was especially interesting because she taught me how to create the openness and depth to the eyes in a way I didn't know about.First of all: I always had the wrong kind of brush for the darker colors. Second: I had always put the darker colors too low. I didn't think they'd actually go as up as she put them and that was both literally and figuratively speaking an eye opening event for me :)



The secong most interesting thing was the lip makeup. I normally wear none or just a liiittle litlle bit of lipstick but now I wanted to try something new and wild! So we went for a bright peach color Vegas Volt (which doesn't look as wild in the picture as live):




Another thing I wanted to learn more about was contouring my face. I think I never really got the idea of it because I always had the feeling I was doing it wrong how many tutorials I ever watched! And I was right I was wrong :) First of all my brush used to be too big, I couldn't really control the areas I tried to work with it. Second: I really loved to see where the MAC's makeup artist would place which product: where's the jaw line for bronzer, where the high point for highlighter and where the perfect spot for blush.



The bronzer was perfect shade for my light skin:


And then Springsheen blush was a great match for the peachy lipstick:



This is what the result looks like :) I tried to take a photo in my friend's bathroom right afterwards:


And here with eyes closed and the lipstich already faded after having tea and eating 10 cookies at Kirsi's place :)


Aaand with a smile :D


Then I realized that the Lustre Drops combined with Soft and Gentle highlighter became very visible only after taking a picture of my head with flash. Look at that shimmer and glow! Perfect for party posing :D


The price for the makeup session was 3 products I had to buy. The decision was easy. I got a smaller face brush 188 and a fluffy eyeshadow brush 217 plus a concealer for my undereye area and occasional blemishes and somethings.

Overall I really really loved the well spent hour at MAC and will definitely do this again when I want to splurge on MAC products :) Next time I want to learn to make a better dramatic smokey eye with natural lips and cheecks.

10 Happiness Points, most of them to the awesome woman who di this to me (and I hate myself for not remembering her name) :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice!:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. great make up :) would u like follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'd love to follow each other, I checked out your blog and I like your style a lot.

      Delete