Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today I wanna match with my shirt

This morning was one of those shove-your-hand-into-the-wardrobe-and-wear-whatever-you-end-up-grabbing-first. So I ended up with a purple/burgundy/lilac loose shirt I found from 2nd hand market last month. It's a color I'd normally never buy, but somehow I kind of like it. While putting some makeup on, I realized that one of my MAC lipsticks is a total match for the color:

Tänään aamulla käteen tarttu aiemmin kirppikseltä ostamani viinipunainen/violetti (mikälie) paita ja meikatessani hoksasin, että yks minun MAC huulipunista on lähes aivan samanvärinen. Varmaan sen huulipunan takia alitajuisesti ostin ton paidan ja aattelin että niistä tulee hyvä pari :D


The color is called Plumful, it's from the Lustre line.

Sävyn nimi on Plumful, eli vähän niinkö Luumullinen :) Se löytyy Lustre-linjasta.


This is my all time favourite MAC lipstick. Maybe that's the reason I ended up buying a shirt with the same color. Somehow in the back of my mind I knew I could match it with the lipstick.. Or not :)

Then I started thinking if I could find matching eye shadows too, so I ended up using my Stila Living In Laguna palette, which I've neglected too much. I really like this palette, but haven't earlier even realized before how nice it actually is and how flattering the colors are for my mixcoloured eyes.

Huulipunan hoksattuani ajattelin sitten, että silmienkin pitää matchata, joten rupesin etsiskelemään violetteja värejä ja tarpeeksi lähelle sijoittui tämä STilan living the life in laguna -luomiväripaletti. En ollutkaan tätä kauheasti käyttänyt, mutta siihen tulee ehdottomasti muutos koska nämä sävyt näyttää todella hyvältä :)

The quality of the eye shadows is superb and it's really amazing how this palette can be so cheap! It was under 15 € if I remember correctly and for that you get 4 top quality shadows, a blush and a bronzer for your cheeks. A good deal. AND Stila is a totally cruelty free company and can be found from the PETA list of companies that don't test on animals.

Laatu on todella hyvää, luomivärit todella pigmenttisiä ja hyviä koostumukseltaankin. Ja hinta oli muistaakseni alle 15 €! Kaiken lisäksi Stila ei testaa eläimillä <3

 First I primed my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion, then added 'bare' from Stila's In The Light palette to the whole lid, then sand dollar to all over moving lid, sunset to the top middle point of lid, bonfire to the outer corner and then went round the upper and lower lash lines with cove. The eyeliner I used is liquid liner from Inglot (highly recommend) and mascara is YSL Faux Cils.

Ensin pohjustin silmät Urban Decayn Primer Potionilla, sitten levitin Stilan In The Light -paletista barea  koko luomelle, sand dollaria liikkuvalle luomelle, sunsetia ihan luomen korkeimpaan keskiosaan, bonfirea ulkonurkkiin ja covella vedin kaikki ripsirajat. Eyelinerina käytin Inglotin nestemäistä lineria ja ripsarina YSL:n Faux Cils. Alla olevan kuvan värit on ihan vääriä, älä katso niitä vaan ylempää kuvaa missä ne näkyy oikein :)

The drawings of the color in the back of the palette couldn't be more wrong, don't look at them :) They just show which color is called what.

Overall I had a nice morning, which is really really rare, because I'm not a morning person at all! But maybe I should start paying more attention to playing with colors and matching them in the morning. Clearly that made me happier than my normal morning routine with a basic brownish neutral eye makeup and no lipstick at all.

The happiness rating: 8 (a morning with the alarm clock can never be above 9 :D )

Pitää ruveta aamuisin varmaan enemmänkin leikkimään meikeillä, koska tämä aamu oli paljon parempi kuin aamut normaalisti :)

Happytaristin arvosana tälle aamulle: 8 (mikä tahansa herätyskelloaamu ei ansaitse yli ysiä :D )

1 comment:

  1. This lipstick shade looks great on you :)

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete